Discover the Benefits of Granite Countertops
If you are having a kitchen remodel done, countertop selection is an important decision in the process. There are a lot of different materials available today for kitchen countertops, but granite is always a good choice. Here are some reasons why you should consider granite for your countertops:
- Granite adds value to your completed kitchen. Granite is durable and eco-friendly. It also brings a natural stone indoors which can brighten up any kitchen. It may not add a huge value to the resale value of your home, but the right granite choice offers great “curb appeal” to future buyers.
- Granite is very durable. Granite is one of the hardest natural materials used for countertops, making it very scratch and chip resistant. Have us add a sealer when we install your granite and it will also be resistant to stains.
- Granite is eco-friendly. Granite is not using petroleum products to make a plastic countertop. It is natural stone which retains its original character while being polished to a high sheen.
- Granite is resistant to dirt and bacteria. Granite is a non-porous stone, which means it won’t absorb dirt and liquids. This makes it a great kitchen countertop and it is very easy to clean.
- If damaged, granite can be repaired easily. If you accidentally drop something heavy on your granite countertop and chip it, an epoxy repair can be made which will look just like the original finish. After repair the area will be resealed to match the rest of the countertop.
- Granite is great for families. Children, hot pots and pans, and cat claws all will fail to damage granite countertops. If you have a busy family, you will appreciate the strength and durability of granite.
- Granite countertops are perfectly flat. Cooks and chefs will appreciate the flat surface of a granite countertop for rolling out dough or any other cooking which needs a flat surface. It cleans up easily afterward and won’t be hiding any bacteria as noted above.
Granite countertops from Nutter Custom Construction may cost more than other materials, but they will look great, add value, and last for the time you spend in your busy home. If you are ready to renovate your kitchen, contact Nutter Custom Construction in Sarasota at 941-924-1868.